Saturday, March 15, 2008

MuSeUms

I have been sitting at my computer for the last ummmm lets think 1 HOUR, writing then rewriting then deleting my blog entry about the Museum. I don’t like writing about things I have been told to write about. No words ever some to my mind. I would rather write about something I want to write about. Maybe something I feel strongly about or writing about I enjoy doing or watching or listening to. But not about the museum. However, I’ll give this another shot.

The year 10 social studies topic for term one, has been conflict, under this category we have been studying World War 1. Therefore, what would be a better place to study World War 1 than at the Auckland Museum? There we could learn all about the battle fields, see pictures of the war and read about what it was like living in that time period.
So on Friday (15th March) we all piled into the buses and made our way to the Auckland Museum. We were taken into a area which a cant remember the name of. But anyway it was an area made up of at least 4 rooms. We were given a question booklet, and we had to find the answers to these questions on posters and telephones placed around the rooms. We did this for about an hour than we moved onto the next area. This are was about World War 2. Again, we had to answer questions, which we found the answers to around the room. During this time, some one set off the alarm, because some touched something that had an alarm on it. The funny thing was the alarm went off just as an old(ish) man sat on a seat. He thought he’d set off the alarm. How funny is that! LMAO!
At 12:00 we had lunch outside the Museum for half and hour.
We then we back into the Museum for 20 minutes to look in a room that was full of stuff from the past. Like old chocolate bars, old a dentist chair, etc. And this HUGE stuffed Elephant that used to live at Auckland Zoo.
Man that room brought back memories from when I was little. It was my favorite place in the Museum when I was like 5. (good times, good times)

When we got back to school, a few of us went to the tuck-shop to buy something. We ended up getting free let overs. I got nachos but shamus stole them off me.


:@)

No comments: