Wednesday, March 12, 2008

SwItZeRlAnD...!!!

Last night was any normal week night. Homework and chatting to friends in msn.
But then around 9:00pm it turned into a not so normal night. I was studying for my German Oral test. I was reading over and over German sentences I was to resite to my German teacher Mr Moss the next night. I was deep in thought when the phone rang. Mum answered on the speaker phone, but all I could hear was someone mumbling into the phone. “Is that Bruno?” Mum replied to the person. The Person on the other replied again in which I then realized was a different language. Mum then Replied in what I noticed was German. She then passed the phone to my Dad who automatically started speaking in Swiss- German, “Hallo Bruno.” After talking for a while Dad hung up the phone. “Bruno’s inviting us to Switzerland for a Family Reunion, and is paying for all of our flight expenses!”

I can’t believe it, in just over five months I will be in Switzerland for a three week holiday. This will be my first time out of New Zealand, and my Dad’s first time back home for nineteen years. I am so excited.
In the three weeks we will go to Italy and travel around Switzerland. I will also meet cousins I have never had the chance to meet.
This is all sooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!

No comments: